Thank You and Goodbye

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Wycliffe

Thank You and Goodbye

Post by Wycliffe » 09 Oct 2019, 18:31

hi all, I've tried my best on here but frankly I've wasted my time during CT5 and now trying to push the Tommy Robson fund raising, any response I've had during both campaigns has come from those on here who use .net.

There are some crackin' people on here but amongst a tiny number of regulars they are still a small %

To hear from a reliable source that some people (FP members) won't support the event Saturday because I am involved and they link me to PISA when in fact neither are anything to do with the organising of the evening and so bloody what if they were as it's all for Tommy is the final straw.

For the record I got involved only by asking the club owners to cover the cost of the band and PISA donated some raffle prizes, that's it.

Some of you will I am sure still utilise .net or the few FB pages for POSH fans and others I'll see at matches and we'll remain friends.
I know I'm no loss to this site and doubt I'll be missed at all but I'm going to give this all a miss from tonight.

byee :D

bristleposh

Re: Thank You and Goodbye

Post by bristleposh » 09 Oct 2019, 19:00

I'll miss you, you make more sense than a couple of others who come on here. My reason for not supporting TR appeal has nothing to do with you, or my keeping my hands in my pockets with the CT appeal. Since retirement I have only supported the charity I dog walk for.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 09 Oct 2019, 21:07

I'll miss you as well, Adi.
I do read your posts on dotnet too, so that will help.
I can only dream of being one of those who can see you at matches.
But, you never know, dreams have been known to come true.
Being happy never goes out of style

White G

Post by White G » 09 Oct 2019, 22:34

Wycliffe, that's a bit of a dramatic & unnecessary leaving speech. Probably better just sailing off into the night rather than making a big announcement. That way you won't feel silly any time you come back here either.

This aside, hope to see you back at some point. Good luck in your endeavour!

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 10 Oct 2019, 06:35

White G wrote:
09 Oct 2019, 22:34
Wycliffe, that's a bit of a dramatic & unnecessary leaving speech. Probably better just sailing off into the night rather than making a big announcement. That way you won't feel silly any time you come back here either.

This aside, hope to see you back at some point. Good luck in your endeavour!
Wycliffe won't feel silly if he decides to come back. Wycliffe is a Posh fan.
Being happy never goes out of style

ashman

Post by ashman » 10 Oct 2019, 07:31

I think that this should be called a 'flounce' which Adi has accused others of doing on .net! :lol: :shock:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 10 Oct 2019, 20:29

While you and I frequently disagree, I have always respected your knowledge of and support of Posh. You devote countless hours to Posh matters and I shall be sorry if you stop posting on here.

ashman

Post by ashman » 11 Oct 2019, 07:59

PoshCynic wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 20:29
While you and I frequently disagree, I have always respected your knowledge of and support of Posh. You devote countless hours to Posh matters and I shall be sorry if you stop posting on here.
Absolutely. Nobody outside the club devotes more time towards Posh and has an excellent knowledge of matters Posh.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 11 Oct 2019, 20:23

ashman wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 07:31
I think that this should be called a 'flounce' which Adi has accused others of doing on .net! :lol: :shock:
:stupid: Exactly what I thought upon reading the opening lines of this thread :lol: