The Politics of Coronavirus

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

White G

Re: Black Lives Matter

Post by White G » 28 Jun 2020, 19:55

Very good point Trevor! As much as Blair was completely wrong (I've not voted Labour since), the Tories BACKED the Iraq war.

Corbyn was correct & the Tories were wrong but I can't see you sharing this fact! If the Iraq War was that important to the moaners here, they'd remember who voted for & against the decision.

There's a continued demolition of incorrect points raised on these threads.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 28 Jun 2020, 20:05

In much the same way Corbyn supported Brexit
Political correctness gone mad these days,
you can't say Mongoose, you have to say
Special needs goose

White G

Post by White G » 29 Jun 2020, 06:39

bristleposh wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 20:05
In much the same way Corbyn supported Brexit
And Bojo was a remainer until he took a career gamble which paid off for him. He's a self-centred ego-maniac would would stop at nothing if he's to gain from a situation. The trouble is that the whole nation has to deal with the consequences, but many deserve this fate as they were stupid enough to trust a proven liar.

White G

Re: The Politics of Coronavirus

Post by White G » 30 Jun 2020, 10:19

Four consecutive days with no Covid 19 related deaths in Scotland. England's average daily death toll for the last 7 days has been 117, statistically there's a big difference here.

Well done to the Scottish Government for managing this well & not bowing to the pressure from Westminster to lift sanction too early.

The bungling Conservative Government have cost thousands of lives, there's no doubt about it!!

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 02 Jul 2020, 17:04

It is interesting to see how Nicola Sturgeon has managed to turn up for so many briefings , and also how she has sought to answer the questions without lying, without diversion or any other silly tricks that our Prime Minister gets up to because he is so lazy, and doesnt give a fig about the 65000 who have died. it is also interesting that she is putting peoples lives before all other considerations

A number of my conservative friends (and any twerp who tells me that I hate tories just shows himself to be a bigger twerp than I had thought) have expressed their horror that " theyre just making it up as they go along" ,, by that they mean not that it is a novel virus ,, but rather when their promises come to nothing then suddenly they forget about them. no acknowledgement of mistakes , cover up any messups , change the graphs,

then yesterday after keir starmer tied him in knots , and all Johnson could do was to trivialise the whole epidemic as "whack a mole" it showed he really is not up to the job when 65000 are dead

If ever there were a case of Emperor's new clothes , then this is it

He stands before us as a total disappointment

that is the nature of the Cummings regime.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 02 Jul 2020, 17:30

You don’t get the hang of it do you, if you are PM, you go to the country and ask people to vote for you. If you win you get to run the country, if you lose, generally speaking your party kicks you out and some poor schmut gets to be in opposition. It doesn’t matter how many knots you tie the man in charge up in, you are still a meaningless nobody. As for the lady north of the border, she is doing a wonderful job.
Special needs goose

White G

Post by White G » 02 Jul 2020, 17:49

Nicola Sturgeon is a far better politician than Johnson, that is very evident! The independence movement up here has grown as it is a chance of escape from the calamitous Tory Government which most Scots can see right through!

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 02 Jul 2020, 18:30

bristleposh wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 17:30
You don’t get the hang of it do you, if you are PM, you go to the country and ask people to vote for you. If you win you get to run the country, if you lose, generally speaking your party kicks you out and some poor schmut gets to be in opposition. It doesn’t matter how many knots you tie the man in charge up in, you are still a meaningless nobody. As for the lady north of the border, she is doing a wonderful job.
I think you will find that I do get it. I believe I get it because I look at it with a balanced view. I have praised the good bits (very few and far between) but berated the terrible bits

Those who do not see the abuses of democracy are the ones who do not get it.

If you feel that he is doing a good job, even though he prefers to not allow serious scrutiny, then i fully believe it is you who does not get it

65000 are dead. If it had been managed properly then this figure should have been less than 20000, maybe less than 10k

We are undisputed champions of Europe. We have biggest death toll, the highest death rate, the worst economic effects, and he says it is too early to judge!!!!

lets not talk of hindsight. Lets talk of what strategy FL has been laying before the people. Little other than "lets see off the virus" " let cummings break his own rules", lets play whack a mole. , lets not treat it seriously. One of his most notable phrases was " I will level with you". notable solely because he never does level with us. And on that occasion he told us a lot of people would die.

This has been a shameful, and indeed shameless, dereliction of duty whilst he comes out with long words, glass half full, and nothing else.

But the abuse of democracy is what should worry us all. Because it is your beloved tory party , you are either not prepared or not capable to look at it with a balanced view

Your comment has been he "is doing a superb job" .

The one eyed approach

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 02 Jul 2020, 21:58

I don't think he's doing a superb job, I just think he is doing as well as anyone would in that position. If he had ignored all the scientific evidence and did the opposite people would have criticized him for not following scientific advice. The gormless oaf on the other side of the table can question as much as he likes but he hasn't had to make a single decision. All he has done has been to pretend he knows better because he has the benefit of hindsight.

We didn't run out of PPE, we didn't run out of hospital beds, according to people of the left he went into lockdown too late, maybe he did, but we will never know. He didn't have that crystal ball called hindsight that allows you and Starmer to say we went in too late. Coming out of lockdown, according to Starmer we will wait and see whether we came out too soon, he'll sit on the fence. until he knows the answer and will then say we came out too soon or should have come out earlier. The man is a hypocrite.
Special needs goose

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 02 Jul 2020, 22:23

trevormans wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 18:30
bristleposh wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 17:30
I think you will find that I do get it. I believe I get it because I look at it with a balanced view. I have praised the good bits (very few and far between) but berated the terrible bits

Those who do not see the abuses of democracy are the ones who do not get it.

If you feel that he is doing a good job, even though he prefers to not allow serious scrutiny, then i fully believe it is you who does not get it

65000 are dead. If it had been managed properly then this figure should have been less than 20000, maybe less than 10k

We are undisputed champions of Europe. We have biggest death toll, the highest death rate, the worst economic effects, and he says it is too early to judge!!!!

lets not talk of hindsight. Lets talk of what strategy FL has been laying before the people. Little other than "lets see off the virus" " let cummings break his own rules", lets play whack a mole. , lets not treat it seriously. One of his most notable phrases was " I will level with you". notable solely because he never does level with us. And on that occasion he told us a lot of people would die.

This has been a shameful, and indeed shameless, dereliction of duty whilst he comes out with long words, glass half full, and nothing else.

But the abuse of democracy is what should worry us all. Because it is your beloved tory party , you are either not prepared or not capable to look at it with a balanced view

Your comment has been he "is doing a superb job" .

The one eyed approach
You forgot the fridge

ashman

Post by ashman » 03 Jul 2020, 05:25

bristleposh wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 21:58
I don't think he's doing a superb job, I just think he is doing as well as anyone would in that position. If he had ignored all the scientific evidence and did the opposite people would have criticized him for not following scientific advice. The gormless oaf on the other side of the table can question as much as he likes but he hasn't had to make a single decision. All he has done has been to pretend he knows better because he has the benefit of hindsight.

We didn't run out of PPE, we didn't run out of hospital beds, according to people of the left he went into lockdown too late, maybe he did, but we will never know. He didn't have that crystal ball called hindsight that allows you and Starmer to say we went in too late. Coming out of lockdown, according to Starmer we will wait and see whether we came out too soon, he'll sit on the fence. until he knows the answer and will then say we came out too soon or should have come out earlier. The man is a hypocrite.
That is a superb post bristle. Full of good sense, well spelt, punctuated correctly and a delight to read. I reckon you are spot on with your summation of the way that the Pandemic has been handled.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 03 Jul 2020, 09:02

yes bristle .

to your usual standard

utterly one eyed

65000 are dead

the economy is on the floor

because we have the laziest prime minister ever

he has blamed everybody , he has denied scrutiny, he has abused democracy, he has not contacted the welsh or scottish leaders for many weeks, merely mocking them for keeping the 5 mile limit. he is incapable of answering questions

the sensible tories who I like , (despite whatever any twerp might say,) one a chemistry professor, one a senior economist, one a lifelong arsenal supporter and headmaster, have commented that "they are making it up as they go along" "they have chosen which science best fits their prejudice" " they have no understanding of how schools are run" " the lunatics are running the asylum" " the emperor has been shown to have no clothes" ", no substance, no bravery, no commonsense" and is tied in knots by a "slippery opponent" (he means one who asks difficult questions

White G

Post by White G » 03 Jul 2020, 09:13

Boris Johnson's dad has showed the mentality of these people by defying the rules & flying to his Greek holiday home (via Bulgaria), against all guidelines!

This itself isn't Boris's fault but it shows the thought process of such people who think they are above the rules, which are for common people but not them.

ashman

Post by ashman » 03 Jul 2020, 09:20

trevormans wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 09:02
yes bristle .

to your usual standard

utterly one eyed

65000 are dead

the economy is on the floor

because we have the laziest prime minister ever

he has blamed everybody , he has denied scrutiny, he has abused democracy, he has not contacted the welsh or scottish leaders for many weeks, merely mocking them for keeping the 5 mile limit. he is incapable of answering questions

the sensible tories who I like , (despite whatever any twerp might say,) one a chemistry professor, one a senior economist, one a lifelong arsenal supporter and headmaster, have commented that "they are making it up as they go along" "they have chosen which science best fits their prejudice" " they have no understanding of how schools are run" " the lunatics are running the asylum" " the emperor has been shown to have no clothes" ", no substance, no bravery, no commonsense" and is tied in knots by a "slippery opponent" (he means one who asks difficult questions
Superb post trevormans. As usual, full of conjecture and a blame towards others, questions that nobody will be able to answer until the virus is wiped out or has no longer any merit. Repeating over and over again the same old points you have been making since the thread began. Punctuated in an appalling manner, making it difficult to read and boring if you are of a neutral persuasion.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 03 Jul 2020, 09:44

bristleposh wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 21:58
... he went into lockdown too late, maybe he did, but we will never know.
Are you being deliberately thick, or is it just your normal thought process?

We 100% know we went into lockdown too late. And we did have hindsight because we watched two other european countries make the same mistake (although they both recovered better than us).

This is why I've taken a step back from these debates. My cat puts up a better argument. You can't handle facts at all. Throw one at you, and you're done. Just one fact, and you're finished. Read that over & over until you get it.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru