Next Season Rivalries

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

DerehamIsPosh!!!

Next Season Rivalries

Post by DerehamIsPosh!!! » 29 Jun 2020, 00:25

I can't help but notice that a few seasons ago our biggest derby day was Luton, who I personally haven't ever seen as a rival to us. Now it seems along with our small rivalries with Lincoln and The Franchise, we also have the old enemy in Northampton potentially coming up if they can win the playoffs; along with our non-local derby with Huddersfield potentially coming down to league 1. Would you rather see our rivals come and join us next season to potentially see us beating them, or see them stay where they are so that our record isn't under threat? :comeon:

ashman

Re: Next Season Rivalries

Post by ashman » 29 Jun 2020, 05:13

DerehamIsPosh!!! wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 00:25
I can't help but notice that a few seasons ago our biggest derby day was Luton, who I personally haven't ever seen as a rival to us. Now it seems along with our small rivalries with Lincoln and The Franchise, we also have the old enemy in Northampton potentially coming up if they can win the playoffs; along with our non-local derby with Huddersfield potentially coming down to league 1. Would you rather see our rivals come and join us next season to potentially see us beating them, or see them stay where they are so that our record isn't under threat? :comeon:
Why would our record be under threat?? I'd rather see Posh leapfrogging them all and making a claim for an established spot in the Championship. Unfortunately that is not to be this year, but maybe next season we could achieve that aim. I couldn't care less about where other teams are but, in the end, playing teams that are fairly local can bring the rewards of increased revenue from bigger crowds. How this will work this coming season will be interesting, with possibly only a percentage of capacity being allowed in to stadiums and maybe away supporters not being allowed in at all. (You could have included Barnsley in your list too!)
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 29 Jun 2020, 09:07

A few seasons ago we were playing against Wolves, Leicester, Bournemouth, Southampton, Wales A, Wales B, Burnley, Palace, all of whom have spent time in the Premier League or are still in it. Hopefully one day we will attain that coveted position. Even the likes of Wobblers, Swindon, Oxford, Luton, and others have at least given their fans one season up amongst the big boys.
Political correctness gone mad these days,
you can't say Mongoose, you have to say
Special needs goose

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 29 Jun 2020, 11:21

In my lifetime Nick ???...……..after 69 years of supporting. :shock:
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

DerehamIsPosh!!!

Post by DerehamIsPosh!!! » 29 Jun 2020, 13:55

ashman wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 05:13
DerehamIsPosh!!! wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 00:25
Why would our record be under threat?? I'd rather see Posh leapfrogging them all and making a claim for an established spot in the Championship. Unfortunately that is not to be this year, but maybe next season we could achieve that aim. I couldn't care less about where other teams are but, in the end, playing teams that are fairly local can bring the rewards of increased revenue from bigger crowds. How this will work this coming season will be interesting, with possibly only a percentage of capacity being allowed in to stadiums and maybe away supporters not being allowed in at all. (You could have included Barnsley in your list too!)
Depends on how you view derby days, whether you want to risk losing to beat your rivals or see them in another division, given Wobblers haven't beaten us since 2006 I'd like that to continue as long as possible.

Yeah this season we really drew the short straw cause of the pandemic, though MacAnthony is staying on as chairman which I am very relieved about, though I fear we will lose Toney. All we can do is let the injustice motivate us for this coming season, hopefully it will finally be our time.

Regarding Barnsley I've always blamed Huddersfield for what happened on that day in 2013, they had the power to beat Barnsley on that day, but still couldn't stand the fact we showed them up two years prior, as a result forced us down by playing out a draw and hoofing the ball up and down the pitch for the last 10 minutes, not to mention the twitter reaction. Barnsley I just see as another team who like us were trying to do anything to avoid the drop, though at the time I was admittedly pissed at them as well, but now I just see them as another team in the league.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 29 Jun 2020, 21:44

MON 29 JUN 2020 LEAGUE TWO
Exeter 0 Northampton 4
The victory sees the cobblers promoted back into the third tier after two seasons in League Two.
:clap: Guaranteed 6 points for Posh.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 01 Jul 2020, 13:38

We could possibly see Wigan at London Road next season if 12 points are deducted from them for going into administration.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

DerehamIsPosh!!!

Post by DerehamIsPosh!!! » 01 Jul 2020, 14:58

Poshay wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 13:38
We could possibly see Wigan at London Road next season if 12 points are deducted from them for going into administration.
Wigan is a derby for us?

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 01 Jul 2020, 15:48

DerehamIsPosh!!! wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 14:58
Poshay wrote:
Wigan is a derby for us?
It's a small world.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 01 Jul 2020, 19:03

Poshay wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 15:48
DerehamIsPosh!!! wrote:
Poshay wrote:
Wigan is a derby for us?
It's a small world.
It is a small world. But why would Wigan be a derby?
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow - Albert Einstein

ashman

Post by ashman » 01 Jul 2020, 23:14

tonyp wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 19:03
Poshay wrote:
DerehamIsPosh!!! wrote:

Wigan is a derby for us?
It's a small world.
Only DerehamIsPosh!!! said that they would be a derby. But they would for sure be rivals.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 02 Jul 2020, 06:41

ashman wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 23:14
tonyp wrote:
Poshay wrote:

It's a small world.
Only DerehamIsPosh!!! said that they would be a derby. But they would for sure be rivals.
no he didn't, he questioned if it was a derby credulously.
Special needs goose

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 02 Jul 2020, 06:51

We did pick up a young lad from Bury, when their problem hit home, I wonder if any ex Wigan will become available thinking specifically of Sam Morsy
Special needs goose

DerehamIsPosh!!!

Post by DerehamIsPosh!!! » 04 Jul 2020, 08:33

ashman wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 23:14
tonyp wrote:
Poshay wrote:

It's a small world.
I said Huddersfield, wrong rugby town.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 04 Jul 2020, 17:05

Wyc*mbe W*nderers for me end of argument! A truly disgraceful club.